Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Of flu and cough

When I was a kid and got sick, I don't have to tell dad that I was, cos he'd know and give med stat, which not-kids-friendly. There was a time where I even hold my hingus pretended to be fine, so he doesn't know and I won't have to swallow the super-bitter syrup or tablet.
When I was in primary school, I only go to the clinic to skip class. There were only two MAs. I was hoping dad's collegue would attend me, but the PPK recognised my last name; mission failed. Dad was calling from his room, "NANIE NATASHA; aikk??". I went in slowly, pura2 tarik hingus, pretended I was sick and sat down without orders. Dad was like, "aik, ko kenapa?? okay pun ko tadi pagi. Demam ka?". I said, "ee pening kpla sa sma mcm ada hingus...". Dad went, "yakah atau ko mls skolah ni..". CHECKMATE! hahahaa
I'm a big girl (woman to be) now and away from home. got flu and sore throat.. went to the doctor & pharmacy myself.. Dad, I'm sick.. sa rindu kna bg ubat d tpk tgn and air lps tu modop.. plg best, brpa kli shari ambil ubat, that was dad's job.. Now, who could do that for me?? :'( :'( :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop some line, lovelies. :)